Cosmetic procedures are here to help people achieve the looks of their dreams. One of the most sought-after is the BBL procedure. With a Brazilian butt lift, you may achieve the desired shape of your buttock. But how long does a BBL last?
Everyone wants to look and feel like their best self. One way to achieve this is by leading a healthy life and exercising. Still, they can only get you so far. But with a BBL procedure, you may get your dream rounded buttocks shape with one surgery.
Of course, as with any surgery, BBLs have varying results and longevity. Let’s dive in and see if the lasting effects of a BBL are worth it.
Is BBL Permanent – How Long Does a BBL Last?
The Brazilian butt lift is a cosmetic procedure that removes fat from other parts of your body and enhances the appearance of your buttocks. A Brazilian butt lift has semi-permanent results.
Without additional therapies, a buttock surgery may last for several years, possibly even up to or over a decade. But as you age, your body changes, which may impact your outcomes over time.
One of the best ways to preserve the BBL results is to maintain a constant weight. The BBL should last longer without significant fluctuations in weight gain or loss.
Buttocks Surgery – The BBL Procedure
Brazilian butt lift isn’t your typical augmentation surgery as it doesn’t involve implants. Instead, the BBL cosmetic surgery combines liposuction and fat transfer to achieve lasting results.
The surgeon will remove excess fat from your abdomen, thighs, or hips during the surgery. After removal, we purify the extracted fat, and the surgeon will inject it into specific buttock areas.
This process may create volume contour and improve the overall shape of the buttocks. The BBL procedure aims to produce a natural result, complementing the patient’s body shape and proportions.
You must choose a reputable cosmetic surgeon for the best results and safety reasons. Ensure the surgeon you choose has all the necessary credentials.
For example, with us and Dr. Gerstle, you may rest assured you are in the capable hands of a Harward-trained surgeon dedicated to providing patients with the best results for BBL Lexington KY.
How Long Does a BBL Take to Heal?
The healing process for BBL takes about six weeks. It would help if you refrained from sitting or resting directly on your posterior for the first two weeks. You can use a pillow while you sleep on your side or an inflatable doughnut-shaped seat to sit on.
After BBL surgery, most patients can resume light activities seven days later and return to work in seven to 10 days. In the first couple of weeks following the surgery, expect to lose up to 40% of the initial volume as you heal.
This is expected, which is why Dr. Gerstle may inject more fat during the procedure. The additional fat accounts for and compensates for the loss of volume during the healing period.
Wait six to eight weeks, or until you recover entirely, before engaging in intense exercise.
You will then come back to our clinic for a follow-up appointment so we can evaluate your recovery and development. The surgeon will also provide you with personalized recommendations to ensure your comfort and desired outcomes.
BBL results after two years
Two years after your Brazilian butt lift procedure, you may expect to be fully healed. At this point, the results should be even more naturally-looking with your buttocks adjusted to the new shape.
Issues like swelling or bruising should be non-existent after the two-year mark. If you still feel discomfort at this point, contact your doctor and book an appointment. They should be able to tell you what is causing the discomfort.
BBL results after five years
Most people expect the BBL results to start disappearing after five years. But as long as you take good care of your body and follow the surgeon’s instructions, the results should remain unchanged.
The results may even last 10 years or more for some patients who take proper care of their bodies and maintain a healthy weight. So, you should eat a healthy and well-balanced diet with regular exercise. Not only may this help maintain your BBL, but it may also help with your overall health.
Brazilian Butt Lift – Recovery Tips for Lasting Effects
A Brazilian butt lift has semi-permanent results. But as you age, your body changes, which may impact your outcomes over time. Keep your weight constant to preserve the benefits of your Brazilian butt lift.
Here are some helpful hints you can use to aid your body’s healing process.
- Take extra time off work – Most individuals have professions that need them to sit for long periods, yet excessive sedentary time might impair the survival of fat cells. Spend as much time standing or lying on your side or stomach to ensure the best results of your Brazilian butt lift.
- Consume a balanced diet – Follow the doctor’s nutritional recommendations, which include cutting back on sugar and carbs and maintaining a balanced diet. Steer clear of foods high in salt, as they make your body retain water.
- Drink lots of water – Water is an all-natural technique that might help your body eliminate toxins and reduce swelling, so drink lots of it. Water also helps you stay hydrated, which may hasten the healing process.
- Wear the provided compression garment – Compression clothing is vital to proper healing post-BBL procedure. You should wear the compression garment we provide you with for at least four weeks.
- Reduce pressure on your buttocks – Putting too much pressure, especially during the early days of recovery, may restrict proper blood flow to your newly injected fat cells. Try spending more time on your stomach or standing if you can take it.
- Refrain from smoking – Smoking is another habit that may restrict blood flow. This significantly hinders the likelihood of the fat cells surviving. So, to ensure proper healing, refrain from smoking before and after your BBL procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a non-surgical BBL last?
Non-surgical Brazilian butt lifts may last 2-3 years before needing a touch-up. Non-invasive BBL is also known as vacuum therapy. The treatment involves 30-45 minute long sessions. For the best results, we recommend six sessions.
Are there any risks of a BBL procedure?
BBLs are generally considered safe cosmetic procedures, especially when done by experienced surgeons. But, as with any other surgical procedure, there are some potential risks, such as the following:
- Uneven skin texture
- Inflammation and pain
Will a BBL start sagging over time?
There is a chance that with the change, your skin’s elasticity and loss of collagen will start to sag. This is mainly caused by the effects of aging and, in some cases, unhealthy habits.
The buttocks may appear flatter and lose some shape because of the muscle mass reduction. Aging is another factor to consider when wondering how long does a BBL last.